Friday, August 2, 2013

Productive Day!!!!!

Woody walked in with this a little while ago to show me that he wasn't kidding about having been in pain! This is his latest kidney stone! He thinks that it is number 13!!!!! Since I was in the sewing room sitting at the laptop getting ready to blog, he put the stone down on my sewing machine cabinet...which ended up being the perfect place to show exactly how large this was! And, it saying that it was designed by Martha Pullen is sort of an inside joke for those of us who sew! He had been rather uncomfortable for quite some time this evening...and I guess he proved why! When I see the size of this one (and this isn't as large as the one he passed last year at NIH as an inpatient), I think back to his first experience with a kidney stone...when he went to the ER here in town not knowing what in the world was wrong! Anyway, the ER doctor told him to be looking for something as small as the end of a ball point pen point and that it would be black. Well, this certainly surpasses that size and definitely isn't black! I am so thankful that he has passed it before our upcoming trip. We have taken a couple of prior trips to NIH when he was fairly miserable because he was having kidney stone problems. Speaking of our upcoming trip...we have both accomplished several tasks in preparation for it. I managed to get our room reservations in Bethesda, MD for our third night away. So my job of getting hotel reservations is completed! Woody did snack shopping for the trip today. Clothes washing is complete. And, I have been setting aside what I will pack. Woody did a little mowing today. The neighbor grandchildren were in an out this morning...some were butterfly hunting, some playing K'nex, some sliding on the little plastic slide that has served us so well (we bought it for Erin her 2nd Christmas and all the grands have played with it since). So it has been a busy and definitely productive day...especially for Woody! This is the third stone that he has had since his last NIH appointment six months ago...three too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment