Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Hasty Visit



We had a normal Thursday for school this morning. Esther had her long Grammy time and started a new cross stitch project.  Today I mentioned to her that at the start of the next school year I would start giving her lessons on the sewing machine.  I think she liked that idea!  After lunch the doorbell rang and I had gotten a package that I was anticipating...some new cookware!  So I spent time getting them unpackaged, washed, and ready to be put away.  I felt like cooking but we had left over spaghetti...so I decided that I could at least warm up the sauce in the new saucepan!  Worked great for warming! When I was cleaning out the pots and pans shelves in the kitchen this past weekend,  I decided that we needed to replace a few of our much loved and much used and rather worn pans. So today I took out the old ones that we are replacing and hopefully have found a place for the new. Woody took his four-mile-walk this afternoon. Our friends Linda (Lindy to her and our grandchildren) and Doyle came to pay a visit to our Dorrell neighbors this afternoon.  They came for their first visit with Joseph.  They were also bearers of wonderful treats...first treats enjoyed were the baby Frosties that they brought for everyone.  Then it was on to unpack boxes and bags of wooden toys that a very special man here in Tullahoma made over the years.  He died several years ago, but his toys live on and bring back very fond memories of him and his wife.  Most that you see on the floor...the ones that are natural wood color are Ted E. Bear originals.  Linda and Doyle felt that their grandchildren had outgrown these.  So our grandchildren are the lucky recipients of many hours of enjoyment ahead of them.  Nathan enjoyed them almost as much as the children...as you can witness in the bottom picture!  We all had a nice visit...well, all but Isaac who was napping.  But I have learned that Isaac was quite happy with his discovery of these toys after awakening from his nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment