Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Harbinger

Surely the sight of robins means that Spring is just around the corner!  Though we have gotten pretty cold at night, it seems that the days are warming up a bit...today we got to 50 and tomorrow we are supposed to get into the 60's...60's sounds like a heat wave! I have done close to nothing for most of the day.  I guess I was saving my energy to make some soup (mushroom-potato chowder...soft enough for me to eat!) for supper. It tasted quite good and was easy for me to eat.  I think that is why Woody chose to get the ingredients for this particular soup. Woody went to the grocery store this morning.  He's decided that he will go to Kroger on Wednesday's as that is their senior adult day.  I guess he has finally decided to take advantage of his age! I did come downstairs and put away the groceries so I would know what he had gotten and know what got put into the pantry cupboard so I could keep my list up to date! Woody also walked to and from the Post Office this afternoon.  I have sat in my recliner most of the day...dozing some.  I did finally feel awake enough that I worked some more on entering books that I have read on the iPad.  I have made over 1000 entries so far and still have a few pages to go.  I do wish that I had kept this list for longer than I have.  Some time back I went to the library and just perused the shelves looking for books that I remembered reading and adding them to my list.  Pain from my tooth (or lack thereof) seems to be at a minimum now.  I haven't had anything for pain for quite a few hours now...which is good...so must be on the mend.  Yesterday's experience did seem to have zapped most of my energy for today. I did load some dishes into the dishwasher and push the button to turn it on before I came upstairs...but I am upstairs for the night...heading back to my recliner as soon as I post this.   .

No comments:

Post a Comment