Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Has Sprung!

The above picture shows what started out our morning...lots of loud noises as they dug up an area of our street so they could do the next step in the sewer project that is happening around Tullahoma.  Elijah was quite interested, but he was also protecting his ears from the loud bangs and bumps that the digger was making. After a while, Elijah came in and had his school time which was abbreviated a bit, as were all the children's times today, as I had to be finished in time to make lunch for a couple in our church.  The wife had recently been in the hospital and various church members had been asked to provide a meal at lunch time for them and our day was today.  They eat a late lunch so I did manage to get the food cooked after I finished school with the children a bit early.  Then Woody delivered it to them.  Woody is their deacon in the Deacon Family Care Program in our church.  I took advantage of double ovens...don't have two myself...BUT when family lives next door...well, their oven can become your second oven!  That worked great!  I baked the sweet potato casserole in their oven and the chicken in ours.  After the whirl wind cooking spree, I was ready for a rest!  Woody went outside to go on a walk, but met up with Elijah and they decided that the time had come to plant the cabbage plants that they bought yesterday.  So after gardening Woody went on his four-mile walk.  Abigail came over later in the afternoon and we enjoyed visiting with each other.  She looked through a box of old jewelry that I have.  Then we went downstairs and I set to work on trying to clean up the cooking mess.  I can say that we have a fairly clean kitchen and the dishwasher is doing its job. We also got to take care of  Isaac AND Joseph (first time to take care of Joseph over here) for a short while.  I was very happy to stop my kitchen cleaning for a little while so I could rock little Joseph.  I can't believe it, but he will be two months old on Saturday.  I went over last night to take a few pictures of him on his 8-week birthday.  Then, of course, I grabbed up my camera and took a few of our sweet littlest boys while they were over here today.  Spring has sprung and if today is an example...looks like our Spring will be hopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment