Saturday, March 8, 2014

Real Time

Time will become confusing for the next few days around here...due to the time change.  I consider the time that we are on now "real time."  And, it is my opinion (such as it is worth), that there is no reason to change time these days...time change was for an agricultural society of which the majority of our country is no longer.  But my main reason in totally disliking this time change is that it makes me "move" an hour farther away from my Arizona family (AZ doesn't change time). But, though, I know that most folk look forward to more daylight at the end of the day, that isn't high priority on my part!  I just know that it is much easier to plan phone calls to my sister when there is only an hour separating us!  The other part that I don't understand is why the year isn't divided up equally as it used to be...doesn't seem fair that we only get four months of standard time and eight months of daylight savings time.  Oh, well...enough said! I will just be depressed silently!!!  I have already started changing clocks around the house...so now have no idea what time it "really" is!  Woody did the rest of our weekly grocery shopping this morning.  Then he went to the library.  This afternoon he walked his 4-mile route.  I did step outside for a little while today and took a few pictures of the flowers that we have blooming...so tonight's photo really shows flowers blooming right now in our yard (real time!).  A little while ago, we got a bit of a jump on my birthday and went to Dairy Queen for my free birthday Blizzard.  I have spent a good part of the afternoon baking cakes.  Our Sunday School class has been asked to provide dessert for the parents of the children in the Sunday night activity for children at our church.  The house really smells good! I spent a little time doing the next step in preparation to machine embroider the designs for Isaac's quilt.  I'm not sure if I am going to do any more tonight or just head in and read for a while.  And, now I am posting tonight's blog about an hour early for real time...but pretty close to on time for tomorrow night's time...which is the real time? So now if I will just go to sleep at the wrong time tonight (as in an hour earlier than usual) so that tomorrow my body won't be so confused with the new time!

No comments:

Post a Comment