Monday, March 10, 2014

Beautiful Day!



Daffodils = March birth month flower = appropriate photo for my birthday!  I have had a very nice day.  Isaac and Elijah came over first for their school time.  Esther didn't come over today as she was feeling a little under the weather.  Then Joy came over to read and then Graham came for his long Grammy time...he opted to read today.  He is really "into" the Narnia series and is zooming right along with them and didn't want to stop today to do a bit of sewing time...he said another day!  While I was having school with Elijah and Isaac, Woody baked me some birthday brownies which we shared with the grandchildren and their parents for a mid-morning snack.  After lunch Woody went next door and kid sat while the parents went to a meeting.  I have had several birthday calls today--one from a friend who moved away a short while ago and one from my sister and one from a friend here in town.  I have also been planning tomorrow's art lesson for the children.  I think that I will have them in a St. Patrick's mood when we get finished tomorrow.  Woody got us "fast food" for supper--I wanted French fries for my birthday!  I can remember several times when Melany and/or Nathan would give me French fries for my birthday...specifically McDonald's French fries...made their mommy a happy camper!  And, so far today, I don't feel much more decrepit than I did yesterday! Now...Woody on the other hand...I have neglected to report that he cracked a rib last Thursday when his arm slipped when he was getting out of the bathtub and he hit the side of the tub with his side...ouch.  He does claim that the pain is less, but he has to be careful just how he moves!  He supervised the planting of onion slips today...he has given Joy and Elijah the use of one of his gardens for this year and the onions were the first things that they have planted.  He did go on a four-mile walk today.  I didn't know that he had cracked his rib till Saturday when I couldn't find "my" heating pad and found that Woody had it and why he had it.  Looks like we may need to become a "two heating pad family!"  Ahhhh! Ain't getting older grand?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment