Saturday, March 29, 2014

Drippy Saturday

This has been a good day for me to stay inside.  Woody did make several trips out into the drippy wetness.  This morning he did his weekly Saturday trip to WalMart and to the library.  This afternoon he walked to the Post Office.  I stayed in and cooked for our weekend repasts.  I made Creamy Baked Pork Chops...originally a recipe on the label of a Campbell's soup can. (The recipe card that I have the recipe on dates back to our early marriage years...so an antique of a recipe!)  Recently I have made adaptations to the recipe to make it healthier for us...as in actually making my own cream of celery soup (easier to control amount of salt, etc. in the soup...as in I don't add any).  The pork chops baked in the oven while I cooked brown rice and steamed some broccoli and also made a cheese sauce. (I guess that the cheese sauce was in honor of my mother.  She so often made cheese sauce for topping various veggies...especially cauliflower when I was growing up...I don't make it much as Woody isn't a big cheese fan.  I made it just for me today...guess I was thinking about Mother on this day that she died three years ago.) We had that meal for lunch and will have it again tomorrow for our Sunday lunch. I cooked today and the rest of our meals this weekend will be leftovers.  Cooking is over for me...unless I feel like making next week's soup tomorrow afternoon...time will tell!  I have done quite a bit of dish washing and dishwasher loading. I have also tackled several loads of wash. I just heard the dryer buzzer call, as I sat down at the computer to blog...wonder if I'll remember to head down there when I post this!  Woody is taking it easy this evening...dozing the last time that I passed through the family room to get some of the dry clothes.  I will admit to taking a nap once I settled into my recliner late this afternoon.  For me, it is " keep going" or "sit and snooze!" Well, heading off for one more trip down to the drier...

No comments:

Post a Comment