Friday, March 14, 2014

Another Sign of Spring


Look what I spotted this morning in the parking area at Janie's Sewing Center!  The first dandelions that I have spotted this season...warmer temps must be getting closer!  When I got up Woody was diligently working in the kitchen...getting things all cleaned up for the next messes!  I did make a slight mess when I made some homemade green salsa...a first for me.  I have a recipe that plan to make in the next day or so that this salsa is part of the recipe.  It was made with tomatillos...first time that I had used fresh ones.  After I got that made and got the dishes loaded in the dish washer, I headed off to pick up my serger from Janie's. It was in for what I call its "spa treatment" (getting cleaned and oiled).  Now both my machines are home...all cleaned and ready to do great and wonderful things...that is if I find the time to sit down and guide them!  Woody went on a walk that included stopping at the barber for a hair cut.  I have been intermittently doing a bit of cleaning...vacuuming, etc.  It needs to be done as I haven't done much but necessities around the house since my dental work last week.  I say "intermittently" as I couldn't keep at it very long before stopping for a rest!  I did get the whole downstairs vacuumed before coming up and collapsing with the heating pad!  Rather irritating not to be able to "keep at" things the way I used to be able to.  Tomorrow is a big day...celebrating my birthday with the Proctor's and the neighbor Dorrell's...a family gathering here in Tullahoma.  More on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment