Friday, March 28, 2014

Fun Friday!



Today started out a bit warmer than it has been and Woody went outside in the morning and planted a few seeds...probably in Elijah's garden since Elijah helped him a little.  I stayed inside and "played" with my new pots and pans!  I made cream of celery soup that I need for a recipe that I plan to make this weekend.  My new wider sauce pan did a great job of making the white sauce for the soup!  Then after lunch Goosey (Woody), Elijah and I headed off in the car to go to the "real" Montessori.  It's Grammy's Montessori at our house (well, mostly these days just known as Grammy's school) and at the Montessori where I taught for 27 years it is known as the "real" Montessori.  Graham and I started calling it that years ago.  I had been promising Elijah that we would go over some Friday and today became that Friday.  Woody went too and did his walking in the area around Montessori, while Elijah did some Montessori work inside and then as you can see did some playing on the playground outside!  While Elijah was playing outside and Woody and I were sitting there watching him, a car drove up and it was the owner of the school, my former boss,  and Melany and Nathan's preschool thru kindergarten teacher...all the same person!  It was fun to get to talk to her for a few minutes.  Elijah was glad to meet her as she gave him a "real" Montessori snack...goldfish and animal crackers!  Not long after we got home, Esther came in to tell us that Isaac had his own bike...so of course I had to go out and snap a picture of him.  The way he rides it at the moment is with his feet in the exact position all the time with his daddy pushing from behind!  But it won't be long till he gets the idea of pushing those pedals with his little "frog boot" feet.  Esther informed me that this had been her bike and that her daddy had put training wheels back on it for Isaac.After seeing Isaac on his new bike, I came back in the house to "play" some more with my new pots and pans while making our supper.  We had pan browned potatoes (the new pan did great letting the chunks of potatoes get nice and crispy brown), asparagus and broiled talapia.  Pretty good...if you like fish!  And, I'm not all that fond of fish, but I will even admit that this tasted pretty good...brushed with olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic and onion, and several herbs and then broiled till the edges were crispy. I have the broiler pan soaking and waiting for me to come down to finish washing it so the whole house won't smell like fish!  So off to do a few dishes and then relax with a book and/or my iPad for the rest of the evening.  Woody is being entertained by March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment