Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Just A Day Away!

Spring is just a day away...we are all very ready for its arrival!  It does seem that as the days go by there is a definite leaning towards warmer days. Though the temps are still doing a good job of falling during the night.  I think that it is supposed to get down into the 30's tonight...but there is still that promise that warmer days are approaching.

Goosey (Woody) and Elijah decided that it would be a good idea to go do our Wednesday grocery shopping together.  So I had Elijah do his school time early this morning so they could  head out early.  Once Goosey finished his crossword puzzle they were on their way.. Then Isaac came over at his regular time.  Graham and Abigail each read out loud to me in their school time slots.  Then it was Joy's turn to have her long Grammy school time.  She read to me and then we continued to work on her sewing notebook.  After school I ate a quick lunch, rested for a moment and then headed off to church to work in the library.  Once again we got quite a lot accomplished.  Now we are anticipating a new book order that will probably keep us busy processing for a while.  On the way home I made two stops--the public library (I know...just can't get enough of libraries!) and the drugstore.  By the time I got home I was ready to collapse...but no rest for the weary as I needed to get busy and get a dish ready to take to a couple in our church tomorrow for their lunch.  I knew that if I didn't get part of it done tonight that there wouldn't be time to get the rest ready in time after I have school with the children tomorrow. Once I had a sweet potato casserole in the refrigerator, THEN I collapsed with the heating pad in my recliner.  I did doze for a little while and have just become alert enough to come in and blog!

As I mentioned Woody did grocery shopping this morning with Elijah.  They also did some shopping for seeds and plants for the gardens that Elijah and Joy are going to be planting.  Elijah is so excited at each sprout that comes up...be it weed or actual plant.  His onions are doing quite well.  And, today Elijah came in all excited because they think that some of Esther's seeds are starting to sprout.  Esther planted flower seeds in one of our barrels on our back patio.  Woody took a walk over into the next neighborhood to talk with a friend this afternoon.  We both took tours of the grandchildren's gardens this afternoon. That about sums up our last day of Winter, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment