Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Another Vanderbilt Trip

We headed out at 8:30 this morning and sailed right through the morning traffic up until we got onto 21st Ave. and then "things" really slowed down to go a very short distance. We still got there early and everything at Vandy went right on schedule. He even got called in for his PET scan ten minutes early. He was back for the scan for a little more than 1 1/2 hours. Then we were on the way down the road. We stopped at Steak and Shake for lunch. Once we got to Murfreesboro, we got off the interstate and came home on the back road we like to take. We took a couple of side roads off that back road and I took pictures with my new "toy." Woody gave me a new point and shoot camera for Christmas and it arrived yesterday. So today I tried out various settings and just shot a lot of pictures getting used to it. All my cameras are Panasonics so they are set up "something" alike. The new one has a lot of features that hadn't even been heard of when my original point and shoot came out. Last night I was able to download an app on my iPad and then Wi-Fi connect the camera and iPad and be able to use the iPad as a remote control...seeing everything that the camera sees along with being able to use all the settings to control the picture being taken. So I could set my camera up on a tripod and then move away from it and control the camera with my iPad. What will "they" think of next?!? This camera has a lot of zoom power. Tonight's pictures show a farm that was off from the road quite a way. The three pictures show three different zoom magnifications. The last shows a dog topiary that you can barely see in the first two pictures. I was in the same position for the first and third picture. The second picture I took when we came back down the road. As you can see I was taking the pictures through a lot of branches, etc. I don't think that this farm will be very visible once the trees and bushes leaf out in the spring and summer. It's a rather quaint little farm. Another nice setting is one that you use if you are taking pictures through glass. That one should be helpful when we are traveling down the road and I am taking pictures through the windshield. Another feature is that you can charge the battery in the camera and I found out today that the USB cord for the camera can be plugged into our car and I can charge it while we are going down the road. All sorts of things to learn about this new "toy!" Well, I think that all my excuses are behind me now and I will have to begin to put away Christmas. Since Woody's nephew and family were coming I didn't want to face having to get everything put away and everything else out and in place prior to their visit. So I decided that I would wait till after their visit. And, then I decided that I wouldn't start before our Vanderbilt trip today. So I guess I will start in earnest (or at least start) tomorrow (note I didn't say tonight!). Woody left a while ago to walk to the prayer room at church so he got his walk in even though we were away most of the day. We will be going back to Vanderbilt next Wednesday for Woody to have labwork done, see Dr. Sosman's nurse practitioner, get the results from today's PET scan, and have his fifth Keytruda infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment