Friday, January 2, 2015

Drizzle and Drear

It has been a dreary, drizzly day here in Middle Tennessee. I decided to post a picture that I had taken earlier in the week when it was bright and pretty! Even Woody's walk got rained out. He set out to walk and not long after he got underway the rain got harder and since he didn't have an umbrella he came back. He never found a good time to walk the rest of the day. I look back on the day and am not sure what I have accomplished...I did do a couple of loads of wash. One load is still in the drier and will need to be put away this evening. We have had internet problems all day and just got back online a few minutes ago. Isaac spent a good part of the afternoon with me. He made puzzles on my iPad and then helped me in the kitchen for a while. I have also read as has Woody. I am close to finishing one of John Grisham's books, Sycamore Row. Woody finished it last week and handed it over to me. We both enjoy Grisham's books. We hadn't read his books in a while, so there are several that we have missed...that means books waiting "in the wings" to read! Waiting to read a popular author has its benefits when one reads library books. It will mean that we won't have to get on a waiting list. The books are probably sitting on the library shelves just waiting for us to check them out. I have had several requests to mention the books that we read on the blog so I will from time to time when I feel one is worthy to recommend. I will add that if anyone is a John Grisham fan that there is another author out there who is just as good in both Woody's and my opinion and that is Randy Singer. They are "sit on the edge of your chair legal thrillers." Good reads if you like that genre of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment