Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Lunch Bunch

We had school like usual...though on a Wednesday schedule rather than a Tuesday schedule. Since Woody and I will be away tomorrow for Woody's Vanderbilt appointments we did Wednesday today so the Wednesday children who have long times could have theirs (no one has long times on Tuesday...so an easy swap). When it was time for Esther and Graham's long times it was time for Woody and me to go next door to take care of six of the seven. He and I went over there and I got instructions for the day and then Esther and I came back here for her time with me. Esther and I worked on getting her sewing notebook caught up. We printed pictures today. Graham ended up not having his time with Goosey as he had some tasks to finish at home so he opted out of his time with Goosey today. We tasked Abigail with getting the sandwiches ready for lunch. We ate a little after Esther and I got back over there. The rest of the afternoon went very smoothly. Everyone stayed busy with one thing or another. Nathan and Kathy and Joseph had an appointment in Nashville for Joseph for allergy testing. When he was introduced to both eggs and cows milk in the last week or so he had a reaction so they needed to find out if he was allergic to either or both. Unfortunately the tests showed that the answer is allergy to both. So for the next twelve months he is to have no milk products or things with eggs in them. Then he will be tested again after he turns two to see if the allergy is still with him. They got back before supper time. I am adding a picture that Kathy took with her phone while at the doctor's office. Poor baby! Don't think that there is much doubt that he is allergic to both...the top two are the eggs and milk.
I have wrapped up a couple of bells with tissue paper and tucked them in a box, but that is it...don't think that I will do any more undecorating today either...the mess will wait for another day...in this case two days as I doubt that I will feel like undecorating when we get back from Vanderbilt tomorrow afternoon. I did manage to get the mantel cleared of snowmen and trees last night and all those are tucked into one box or another. The carolers have also found their way back into their boxes for another year. We will be up and out of here pretty early in the morning as his first appointment is 9:30...so we will be traveling in morning rush hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment