Thursday, January 1, 2015

God's Richest Blessings for 2015!

Woody and I do send out our wishes to each of you, our blog readers, for a blessed 2015. I thought it appropriate to post tonight the first picture that I took in 2015. And, it just happens to also be proof that I did accomplish what I set out to do yesterday...get the sewing table cleared so I could put Isaac's quilt on it. That is as far as I got with it last night was to put it on the table and so far today I haven't gotten around to getting it trimmed up. When it is all bound I will post a picture so you can see all of it, but this gives you an idea of what "Isaac's Zoo Windows" quilt looks like. He likes looking at the animals and talking about them. He made a couple of trips to the St. Louis last year so he is rather familiar with most of the animals...except for the panda which St. Louis doesn't have. He is talking the most about the penguin because his Aunt Melany gave him a penguin hat. (Another reason that this photo is appropriate to post today...it is the first that I took in 2015!) I started my New Year's Day off with a yummy omelet and toast and tea. The toast and tea were a start to helping my throat feel better. I noticed last night before I went to sleep that my throat wasn't feeling exactly right. It has that feel that it gets before I lose my voice...maybe Woody will end up being one of the luckiest husbands in Tullahoma (what our doctor used to tell me when I lost my voice). Woody has watched one ball game or another and read and probably watched a DVD or two. I have been upstairs a good part of the day. I even did a little cleaning. Isaac spent a while with me this morning. When I took him home just before lunch, I helped Kathy get the top most ornaments off of their tree. Nathan, Graham, and Abigail weren't home as they juggled at a birthday party this afternoon. Then after lunch I went next door for a little while because Kathy needed to run an errand. I was there long enough to get in a few snuggles with Joseph once he wore down from cruising around the house holding onto things. He took his first couple of steps on his own last week. But Woody and I have yet to see him walk without holding onto something. Woody went for a four-mile walk this afternoon to start off his 2015 on the right foot. I don't know if anyone noticed, but during all of December the titles of the blog were either the title of a Christmas song or a line from a Christmas song. Last night I went through the titles of the December blogs and matched them up with "their song." Here are all the songs that were referred to in a blog title during December: Deck the Halls, And The Bells Rang, Christmas is Here to Stay, The Christmas Song, Angels From the Realms of Glory, O Christmas Tree, Here We Come a Wassailing, We Need a Little Christmas, Silver Bells, White Christmas, 'Round and 'Round the Christmas Tree, God Rest You Merry Gentlemen, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Silent Night, Christmas is a Time for Remembering, Winter Wonderland, and Ring Out the Old, Ring in the New Hymn. And, on that "note," I will say for the last time this Christmas season: 'Tis the Season! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment