Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ring Out the Old!

Just think...2014 will just be a memory in a few more hours.  I can't believe how fast this year has gone by...a lot has happened in the twelve months of 2014. All those happenings are but memories and now we await what 2015 will bring for us.

Woody did our usual Wednesday Krogering.  I put the groceries away.  I have worked most of the day just trying to put away things that had once again accumulated on my sewing cutting table.  Woody has always said that if I got a flat surface I would cover it...and I guess he is right!  The cutting table was used this Christmas season for sewing, gift wrapping, clothes folding, and just as a place to put something that didn't have a place at the time so that surface was a place to plop it.  Well, I have been attempting to get all those homeless items a home today and have just about accomplished that task.  I need to get it uncovered so I can get back to work on Isaac's quilt.  It is time to bind it and I need to square it up first.  I also have to decide if I want to add a little more quilting on the large background squares.  Getting ready for 2015 I have put up the two new calendars that I got for Christmas...my sister traditionally gives me a calendar for the kitchen and the neighbor grandchildren give me a photo calendar that I hang in the sewing room.  Those are up...we'll see how long the pages of the calendars stay unfilled!  January already got quite a few things put in the squares.  The year is gearing up to be a busy one if I can judge by what I put just on January.  We got the call a little while ago from Vanderbilt confirming Woody's appointments for this coming Tuesday.  Last night I went through the calendar on my iPad...the birthdays are carried over from year to year, but the ages of the grandchildren needed to be upped a year.  I even cleaned out my purse today...that happened because I was looking for a lens cap, but it seemed like a good thing to do prior to the New Year.  By the way I did find a lens cap...only one missing now.  The other big job I did today was to stew a chicken.  I have deboned it, put the chicken pieces in the refrigerator to be used in soup or a casserole, and put the bones back into the liquid that I stewed the chicken in and made a nice rich chicken stock aka "liquid gold."  The liquid gold is cooling in the refrigerator so I can skim the fat off tomorrow and then freeze it in two-cup portions for future soups.  We were out of chicken broth so it will be good to have it on hand again...ready for cooking in the New Year!  Isaac spend several hours over here this afternoon.  He seems to think that he would like to live over here...but then when he decides it is time to go home that thought leaves him. He played on the iPad, drew a little, worked puzzles (on the iPad), looked at things through my magnifying light, cuddled, and just had a quiet afternoon while I continued to work on several things...except when we were cuddling! Woody walked his four miles this afternoon...a bit chilly today. I think that it is supposed to drop down into the 20's tonight. Brrrrrrr! Haven't seen temps quite so cold for a while. It was a nice sunny day. We have seen so many cloudy days that it is extra nice when the sun shines even though it is a bit nippier. Woody has settled in for this New Year's Eve watching some DVD's that he got at the library. I plan to sit down with a good book that I am reading. So a quiet New Year's Eve in our household. Whether we see in 2015 at midnight remains to be seen. I am usually up at midnight...Woody is not. I imagine that we will hear a few fire works go off...the way that the new year will be rung in around here. 'Tis the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment