Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Caroling, Caroling

After I blogged last night, Erin did get the two shadow boxes undecorated and then put in Christmas objects.  I haven't taken pictures yet...I will after I get through more of the mess.  I have started finding the Byers Carolers, but haven't found all of them so the Caroler "scenes" are incomplete still.  We didn't do much decorating yet today as we had another traumatic morning.  I don't think that Erin's blood sugar levels were as low as they got yesterday, but low enough for her to be "out of it."  We couldn't check her blood as soon as we normally would have as she fell out of bed and landed on top of diabetes supplies and I couldn't get to them for a while.  Melany happened to call to check on things just as this morning's drama unfolded and she said to just assume that she was low and give her orange juice to get her back up.  After having this happen two nights in a row, Melany decided that she needed to come and get her.  She planned to come after her school was out, but was convinced by co-workers that she should come sooner so she got here around noon.  She and Erin ate lunch with us and then headed on down the road.  Once Erin comes up in her sugar levels she is fine...but when low...not good!!!  She will be addressing the problem of her levels going so low with her doctor and figure out what needs to be done to regulate this new (for her) kind of insulin.

I started to not feel well last night and didn't have the best night's rest.  I didn't have school with the little boys this morning as we were still dealing with Erin's situation and by the time we got that under control I was rather drained!  Not long after Melany and Erin left, I headed upstairs to "my" recliner and rested most of the afternoon.  I didn't even go to work in the church library this afternoon.  I called one of my co-workers and she said that she would go do maintenance (check books in and out and shelve the books).  After my rest I do feel better.

Woody walked four miles this afternoon.  He made copies of our Christmas letter and got them folded and into the cards and the envelopes sealed and I believe that they are mailed.  He did Wednesday grocery shopping...so we now have something other than "just" turkey to eat.  I wouldn't mind cooking another turkey...we love all the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment