Monday, December 8, 2014

Deck the Halls!

Well, decorating continues at our house.  But it is starting to wind down.  I just finished the shelves over the cabinets in the kitchen.  I just add snowmen, trees and other Christmasy things to what is already there--my apple and cookbook collections.  This has been a busy day.  I had school this morning with Isaac, Elijah, Esther, Abigail and Joy.  Joy worked really hard trying to finish her apron.  She came again late this afternoon to work a little more on it.  I think that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel...but it will take one or two more extra sessions to get it finished.  Elijah and Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning.  Elijah juggled scarves for the gentleman that Woody has Bible study with.  After they got home, Woody started in on Elijah's extra time...I turned Elijah's "Grammy time" into "Goosey time."  They made cookies together.  Elijah came back over after lunch to frost them after they had cooled.  Before school even started this morning, Woody headed to the Post Office to mail a Christmas package.  This afternoon after Graham read to me, I headed off to run a couple of errands.  I needed to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy and managed to find a gift that I was needing before I could send off the AZ Christmas presents.  After I was successful there...found present and picked up my prescription...I headed off to JoAnn's to get a couple of things that I needed to finish up my decorating.  That done I headed home.  We had soup and other things that we could scrounge from the refrigerator for supper. Nathan and Graham got our Christmas trees downstairs yesterday afternoon.  Graham came over after he got home from the evening church service and put the corner tree together.  I assembled the living room tree.  Today we started hanging ornaments.  I let the children put ornaments on the tree for a short time at the end of their time with me.  So tree decorating is underway.  I may go down and add a few more this evening...but then again I may not.  I am hustling to get an e-book finished before they whisk it back into cyberspace.  So I "need" to read...but I'm afraid that if I sit down to read I will fall asleep!  Woody is downstairs watching a DVD movie. 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment