Friday, December 12, 2014

Here We Come a Wassailing!

My first task of the day was making Wassail for the Sunday School party that is to take place on Sunday.  The first step is done.  Now it is sitting with the spice bag and I will reheat it late tonight (12 hours after the first step).  Then it was on to complete my decorating and get the rooms back to having some semblance of order.  The kitchen table is once again a kitchen table and has its Christmas center piece.  And, the dining room table is also uncovered and back to having nothing on it except for its center piece.  After I blogged last night I found that I really hadn't finished my tree. I started thinking about ornaments that were missing...I know...with all the ornaments on the tree...how in the world could I realize that some are missing!  But with having a memory tree (all the ornaments have a memory associated with them), I do realize that some of the memories are missing.  So I found the two missing boxes and as a little while ago...all ornaments for this year ARE on the tree! This afternoon Joy came over and finished her apron.  She was so happy to have it finished.  Now they can do their Christmas baking next door.  She had kept her fabric choice a secret from her family...Elsa, Anna, and Olaf...what better fabric for winter cooking...and, it should keep her cool in hot weather too! The pocket fabric has swirls on it along with glitter.

Woody loaded up the car this morning with the latest collection of aluminum cans that folk at the church collect so they can be recycled for cash for The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering (Southern Baptist mission offering for international missions).  He and Graham drove to the "can man." Elijah came over to challenge Woody to more games...today Sorry and Chutes and Ladders. Woody is babysitting as I type this.  He is taking care of Isaac (almost 3) and Joseph (almost 1).  The rest of the family are performing/juggling at the Science Center here in Tullahoma.  'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment