Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas is Just a Day Away!

Tomorrow is the day for our family Christmas.  It will commence once Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex arrive in the morning. It's a bit harder these days for them to get Erin and Alex motivated since they don't get as excited as they used to when they were younger.  I'm sure that our neighbor grandchildren will be watching closely for their aunt and uncle's car to pull up. I have been cooking most of the day...trying to not have to cook so much tomorrow as I want to sit back and enjoy all that is going on around us.  We have had a VERY soggy day.  It has rained most of the day.  Nathan said today that we needed to be sharing the story of Noah and the Flood at church rather than a Night in Bethlehem!  Unfortunately because of the threat of storms being in the area at the time of the Night in Bethlehem, it ended up being cancelled for tonight. So Woody was able to stay home and stay dry this evening...no outside greeting of guests to the town of Bethlehem tonight.  Nathan and Kathy and children put on one last show late this afternoon for the cast and anyone else who wanted to come out to see them perform.  Woody took care of Joseph while they did that.  Woody walked four miles today at a time that it wasn't raining.  Just before I came upstairs to blog, I finished my last item to cook today.  I have a little cleaning that I want to do and then I will be finished for tonight.  I will get up early and get the last two menu items made and then it will just be a matter of sliding dishes in and out of the oven to get everything warmed at the same time. Nathan and Kathy had excitement this evening when the glass in their oven door shattered...so Nathan plans to come over here to bake the rolls that he is making.  He will come early before the ham has to go in.  It is a good thing that I hadn't planned on using our "second oven" (Nathan and Kathy's) for any of my dishes for our Christmas lunch.  Since they were doing the bread, I figured it all out so I can get everything done over here this time.  We often joke about our "double ovens."  They use our oven at times for a second one and we do the same with theirs.  But at the moment theirs is out of commission...and what a mess of shattered glass they had to clean up...especially since they have a crawler in their household. Well, back to work...Christmas is on its way! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment