Friday, December 19, 2014

Silver Bells

I went out to breakfast with two long-time friends.  We had a great time...as we always do.  We enjoy each other's company so much and have for many, many years.  Our getting together sometime during the Christmas season...sometimes before Christmas and sometimes after...has become a tradition for us.  I came home and got to work on making name tags and attaching them to the ornaments that I have made for the grandchildren for this year...another tradition...Grammy-made ornaments for each of the grandchildren each Christmas. The ornaments are now ready to be attached to the top of their presents...if we ever find the time or space to wrap them.  After I got the ribbon tags attached, I started cleaning off my sewing machine cabinet (again) so I can get back to work on Isaac's quilt.  Woody walked four miles this afternoon.  In the late afternoon he walked next door to take care of Isaac and Joseph.  Nathan and Graham had gone hunting and Kathy needed to take Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah to Upwards practice...so Woody filled in the gap till Nathan and Graham got home.  I gathered the recipes that we plan to make for our family Christmas lunch.  After I blog, I will go through the recipes and add ingredients that we need to the grocery list so Woody can get them when he shops tomorrow.  The day seems to have flown by...I have a feeling that is the way the rest of the days will go up till Christmas.  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment