Saturday, December 20, 2014

'Round and 'Round the Christmas Tree

As soon as I woke up this morning, I started in reading.  I was almost finished with a library book and wanted Woody to be able to return it when he went to the library this morning.  After I finished the book I made myself a cup of tea and sat and looked at the tree for a little while.  Today was just about the first day that it has been sunny since I got it decorated.  Woody headed off to do his Saturday routine of going doing our Saturday grocery shopping and going to the library.  I got underway with a couple of things that I needed to do before I got underway with quilting some more on Isaac's quilt.  Not long after Woody left, Nathan came over with Isaac to see if Isaac could stay with me while they went to the church to get in another practice before their performances at The Night in Bethlehem which starts tomorrow night. About the first thing that Isaac wants to do when he comes over is to "play" on my iPad.  While he did that I folded towels and then we both went downstairs and got another load of clothes going in both the washer and drier.  Isaac helped me push the clothes into the drier and then pushed the button to start the drier.  After that he watched  me thread the sewing machine and helped pushed a couple of buttons when I asked him to.  After that we went to look at my Christmas music boxes.  He wanted one that he could turn on and off so we came back upstairs and I showed him that has a little on and off switch.  He liked that one the best!  When Woody came home from the grocery store, Isaac helped me put the groceries away.  Then he had a little snack and not long after that his mommy came to get him.  Then I got underway with the quilting.  He has seen the quilt at various stages, but I really don't want him to see it at the point that it is till he opens it at our family Christmas celebration.  I worked most of the afternoon on it and it is still far from done.  I plan to work on it a little more tonight and then some more tomorrow after church.  It won't get done, but hopefully it will have less pins in it when he opens it!  Woody went for a four-mile walk this afternoon.  He has also made a good start on getting all the Christmas decoration boxes back in the Christmas closet.  I made a pot of chili late this afternoon.  Well, back to quilting. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment