Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Is On Its Way!

I have spent a good part of the day climbing up and down the stepladder putting angels on top of the china cabinet.  This picture is from another year.  I am still looking for the big angel holding the lamb.  I have also worked on placing snowmen and trees on the mantel.  I brought down the boxes with the Precious Moments Nativity and also "think" that I have found all the boxes with the Byers' Carolers.  So things are coming along.  I can see both the Christmas tree boxes.  I decorated my first tree this morning while I talked on the phone with a friend...this is a small tree that I use with the carolers. I cross stitched all (more than 50) the ornaments years ago for my Aunt Lois to use on a tree for her doll collection.  After she died I got them back so now I use them and think of her when I hang them on this little tree.  Graham and Kathy came over this morning and moved all the boxes and tubs of K'nex out to the garage till after Christmas.  I got that corner of the living room vacuumed...all ready for our big tree.  While I decorated this morning, I had the tantalizing fragrance of Chex Mix being prepared...one of those fragrances that sets my mouth to watering!  Woody took on that task this morning.  It is yummy, as usual.  Chex Mix means that Christmas is on its way!  Woody stayed with Joseph for a while this afternoon while Kathy and the some of the other children went on a bike ride. Esther and Elijah came over a played for a little while. They used the Fisher Price pirate ship (first pickle present) and played Peter Pan.  They watched Peter Pan, Live last night.  I watched it this morning on my iPad while decorating...I think that I will watch again so I get more of the details. Esther once again took it all in and can repeat some things line for line.  Wonder if this will replace her fascination with Frozen for a while...I doubt it!  Later in the afternoon Woody walked four miles.  I have Christmas CD's playing...Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Perry Como, Rosemary Clooney...yes, I am of the "old school" when it comes to whom I like to hear sing Christmas songs.  I grew up listening to them...so like to continue that tradition of my childhood.  Off to either get out the Carolers or...the Precious Moments Nativity.  Then I think that I will call it a day for decorating...tomorrow is another day to decorate.  I like not having a party to get ready for...so thankful that our Sunday School class will meet in a different home this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment