Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

In our family room it is really "rocking" rather than "walking" in a winter wonderland.  With this picture I am thanking Graham (almost 13) for working on my little point and shoot camera.  Dust had gotten on the sensor and when a picture was taken you could see amoeba-like shapes in various places on the finished picture.  I found a YouTube video that showed how to take care of the problem on my specific camera. Graham watched the video a couple of times and then set to work taking out lots of teeny tiny screws and moving various things inside the camera out and around...and then putting it all back together again.  He did a great job...it's fixed and once again I have my little camera back to working the way it should. This is the camera that is small enough that I can carry it in my purse so I have a camera with me most all the time so I can grab up this camera when a photo op occurs.  Thank you, Graham. I'll be calling on you when the dust collects again!

I made a pot of Ham and Barley Soup using the ham bone from our Christmas ham.  It tastes so good.  I was ready for a good hearty soup after all the Christmas trimmings and treats.  After lunch I went to get my hair cut and then stopped to get a few things from the sewing store (I have to learn the new name of the store since it has been sold...it's not Janie's any more...The Threaded Needle (I believe)).   Woody left shortly after supper to walk to the prayer room and hasn't returned yet.  We are both enjoying the slower paced days this week after Christmas...reading, watching DVD's, enjoying visits from the neighbor grandchildren, etc. Next week reality will set back in with various "have-to-do's"...like making our next trip to Vanderbilt for his next Keytruda infusion...his 4th.  Then in two weeks he will go back for a PET scan and then the week after that we will get the results of the PET scan (whether Keytruda is doing its job or not) and have his 5th Keytruda infusion.  Keytruda infusions are not limited to a certain number as long as the infusions are holding "things" at bay or making them decrease in size.  Woody is sure that "something" is helping as the one nodule on the base of his neck that he could feel...he can no longer feel.  So on the 28th of January we will find out if the PET scan confirms what Woody is sure about.  January will be a busy month...three days of appointments at Vandy, three birthdays, a planned visit from Woody's nephew and family...and probably lots of other unknowns that will happen...the reason that I sit back and relax this last week of December...just sitting rocking in a winter wonderland! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment