Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fa la la la la!

Decorating continues.  We didn't get as much done as yesterday as we had several things that took us away from it.  First this morning we had a scare with Erin's blood sugars being dangerously low when she awoke...or when we prodded her awake!  Erin is a type-1 diabetic...has been since third grade.  Recently her doctor changed her type of insulin as she felt that Erin wasn't responding to what she had been on for so long.  And, at this point they don't have "things" totally regulated and we were the lucky ones to have her drop really low.  I was at a point that I thought that I was going to have to call 911 when she started responding and we were able to get some orange juice down her and also get her to eat a little...and thankfully her blood sugar level began to rise.  I think that I aged quite a few years!  I told Melany that all this might cause me to have a heart attack...Melany suggested that when I call 911 I can just go along with Erin!  Well, hopefully all's well that ends well!  Erin did adjust the amount of insulin that she is getting from her pump.  I hope she wakes up in an "ok" range in the morning!  She did get to feeling well enough for us to go out to Motlow Community College.  Our friend, Linda Hasty, gave us a tour of the campus so Erin could get a feel of whether she might be interested in taking some classes there in the future.  I think that the size of the campus appealed to her.  She went to East TN University after graduating from high school, but just never adapted to the academic world there. So maybe a smaller campus?  Time will tell.  We did pick up several brochures.  We came home and had lunch.  We did a little decorating...putting things in their spots as they come out of their boxes.  Erin took everything out of one of the shadow boxes.  I am hoping to find the Christmas objects soon that go into the shadow box so she can decorate them with Christmas for me.

We got started late with school with Isaac and Elijah this morning due to our "Erin crisis." So in the end Woody took over the last part of Elijah's time so I could get ready to go out to Motlow with Erin.  I introduced Elijah to Snap Circuits yesterday...so he is learning about electrical circuits...he is really interested.  Today we ran into problems trying to find batteries that had enough juice left in them to run a couple of the circuits he built.  He and Goosey (Woody) mainly tested batteries during their time together!  Goosey will buy new AA batteries when he goes to the store tomorrow!  Then Elijah will be all set to learn more about circuits.  Woody spent a lot of time today addressing our Christmas cards and writing our annual Christmas letter. After supper he walked to the prayer room at church and hasn't returned as yet.  He got a call today from Dr. Sosman's office changing his appointment in late January to a different day.

After our traumatic morning, Erin and I both took naps this afternoon...Erin's lasted longer than mine...she will probably be up all night!  I'm going to go see if she will do a little more box shifting up and down stairs for me after I finish the blog.  'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment