Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Woody did his Krogering pretty early this morning.  We didn't have school this morning as the children and their parents were doing school programs in Alabama today.  I put away the groceries and got busy on making soup that Woody bought ingredients for.  We had the soup for lunch.  Last night after I blogged instead of wrapping presents I worked on an order of new books for the church library.  That can be rather time consuming especially when it is a big order, which this one was.  After lunch I quickly assigned some books to be memorials and got the bill ready to turn into church.  Then I headed out the door to go work in the library for a couple of hours.  I came home and got busy on my sewing projects again.  As of just a moment ago, I can say that I have the ornaments made that I planned to get finished today.  I am still trying to get things embroidered before I lower the machine down into sewing position so I can get back to work on Isaac's quilt.  I would really like to have the quilting done so that there are no safety pins in it when we give it to him...but the rate that I am going I'm doubting that will happen.  I will just have to tell him that all the pins will be gone once Grammy is finished with the quilt!  I know that I have given other of the children quilts that were in progress...so this will be following a pattern!  Woody helped get the kitchen cleaned up after I cooked and he has read.  He read most of the time that we were waiting at Vanderbilt yesterday.  We also planned our family Christmas dinner menu during the time that he was getting his infusion.  I also got a "rough draft" done for Sunday's Sunday School lesson while we waited.  So a few things were accomplished during all our waiting time. Time to transfer clothes from the washer to the drier.  I need that load to be dry before I can do one of my embroidery projects...but there are other embroidery projects in the wings that I can do while that dries.  Tonight's blog title is a nod to a tradition of mine...to watch White Christmas several times during the Christmas holidays.  Today was my first viewing this year...I watched while my machine embroidered away and I changed thread colors. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment