Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire!

I woke up way too early this morning...because I went to sleep way too early last night.  I ended up working on library memorials...got letters ready to send to donors and memorial recipients...so a good job done. Then I started clearing off my sewing cutting table so I can get going on wrapping the presents for AZ...all this done before Woody woke up.  I also read some more.  I did get the book finished that was going to be snuffed back into cyberspace today.  I checked another one out and started it.  At the moment I am in the middle of three books.  I still haven't gotten around to getting the gifts for AZ wrapped.  I had school with Isaac and Elijah and Esther and Joy read with me.  Then after lunch Abigail came over for part of her long Grammy time (we rescheduled Abigail...so squeezing when it works best into both of our schedules).  We put ornaments on the tree together and also finished the book that we had been reading together.  Isaac came over for a little while this afternoon.  He helped hang more ornaments on the tree and played.  I took a nap at some point during the afternoon...anyway, I woke up to hearing Joy coming in the front door and coming upstairs ready to get in a little extra time on her sewing.  The apron is finished except for the tie...so all it should take is one more sewing session and it should be ready for Christmas baking.  Woody played Junior Monopoly with Elijah while I was sewing with Joy.  I got started late on supper so Woody walked to the prayer room and has just returned and is now eating supper...late for us.

I took a picture of one of our ornaments for tonight's blog photo.  It represents the fact that I have been cold most of the day and wished that I could warm up near an "open fire."   I just could never warm up...though, late this afternoon I did start to not feel chilled.  I don't know if it was getting up so early and moving around rather than staying snuggled under my covers.  It has been a chilly day, but not any chillier inside the house than usual...it was just me being cold.  Maybe I was just in sympathy with the folks in Northeast U.S.   I guess I will go hang a couple of ornaments.  'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment