Saturday, December 13, 2014

Caroling, Caroling On We Go

I awoke to leaves being blown...the leaf truck had been spotted in our neighborhood...so Nathan and Kathy blew more to their front yard as did Woody blow off our front yard...once again!  Woody came in and rested a bit before he tackled his Saturday errands.  He went to the library and Walmart.  He picked me up some batteries and candy canes...the last items needed for me to complete this year's decorating.  I needed the batteries to put in our snowman clock and the candy canes to put in a tin snowman hat.  I got up and headed into the sewing room.  I made ornaments after Christmas last year, but more are still needed so got to work on those.  I have wrapped some gifts today and have gotten things in a pile that I will need  to take to tomorrow's Sunday School party. We have an ornament exchange each year.  After lunch we drove to where the party will be held to deliver the wassail.  We made it with only a few sloshes!  Having the wassail already there will mean that it will be warm when we get there. If I had taken it in the morning it would have taken a while to get it warmed up.  We are on a fairly tight schedule to get everything in (eat, fellowship, have an ornament exchange and have Sunday School) before we head back for the 11am church service so I wouldn't want the wassail to hold things up. I managed to get all the Christmas decoration boxes back upstairs and in the hall...awaiting Woody's expertise at putting the puzzle of boxes back in the closet.  My part of the decorating has ended...well, I do have to vacuum up Christmas tree needles. Woody walked four miles this nippy afternoon.  He is now relaxing while watching a library DVD. It felt more like Christmas today with my sewing machine whirring away...I need to get back to working on Isaac's quilt.  I would just as soon give it to him without all the safety pins that are in it at the moment!  I have a couple of other machine embroidery projects to do so may do those while the machine is set up for machine embroidery. It just wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't have a few sewing projects in the wings!  'Tis the Season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment