Thursday, January 15, 2015

Smells Like a Bakery!

Nothing much better than the smell of bread baking. As tonight's picture shows the rolls are finished. And, there are still two loaves rising--Grandma's Oatmeal Bread (not my Grandma's but that is what Better Homes and Gardens named this bread recipe). It's almost time for it to go into the oven. The day has been a jumble of doing LOTS of things. Graham's time to read is right after lunch. So when he finished, I jumped into the kitchen and got busy on baking bread. Being a rather cold day the rising times were increased, though I did put pans of hot water under baking racks to encourage the rising. During rising times I have done other tasks...after supper I started preparing some of the ingredients for the salad and potato bar we are having on Saturday. Woody took a friend to the doctor this morning only to find out that the doctor had canceled due to a family emergency. Woody did walk his four miles this afternoon despite the cold temperatures. It has spit snow and sleet off and on today...definitely a wintry day. I guess it was good to stay in and bake! I have also tried to do a bit of cleaning...but at the moment the cleaning has taken a back burner...I'd better get busy...as if I haven't been busy! My batteries are starting to run down!

No comments:

Post a Comment