Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It's Cooooooold Outside!

I just looked at Weatherbug and we are officially in single digits...9 brrrrry cold degrees! And, the wind chill has the "feels-like" temperature well below zero. It's a good night to stay inside and pray that electricity stays on and that pipes don't freeze! It will be a dripping-faucets kind of night. This morning I got up and got busy on Isaac's quilt. I needed to make a label for the back before I finish tacking down the binding. I got that done and pinned on the back of the quilt. I plan to work on sewing the binding down this evening after I blog. Woody went on his four-mile walk this morning around 8am before the temperatures dropped too drastically...though, the temperature was in the 20's when he walked...but better than the teens that happened this afternoon. Later in the morning he did his weekly Kroger grocery shopping. When he got home, I put the groceries away. After lunch I headed to the church library. Donna and I got quite a bit done. We hadn't had a work day the last two weeks because of Christmas and New Years so we had quite a lot of books to shelve. We got that done and then went back to work on processing the new books that arrived just before Christmas. I came home and went right to work on making soup for our supper. I tried a new recipe: Chicken Pot Pie Soup. Pretty good! And, it did remind both of us chicken pot pie. Now we are settled in for a long winter's nap...hopefully a warm winter's sleep for tonight! I'm off to my recliner to cover up with Isaac's quilt while I continue to sew on the binding...a good job for a cold winter's night. This snowman greeted me when I went to get my hair cut last week. I'll bet even he is shivering tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment