Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wintry Wednesday

Once again I chose a picture that depicts the way the day felt to me. We did have some snow flurries today so it was a bit more wintry to the eyes as well as to the touch. We had a normal Wednesday for school. Though Isaac (3) decided that he wasn't my best friend and that he didn't want to be at school. The rest were willing attendees. Esther and Graham had their long time with me and Goosey. Esther finished up a sewing project--her very own pin cushion and Graham calculated the speed of microwaves...using our microwave and marshmallows...beyond me! I'll stick to the sewing! After lunch Woody and I parted ways--he to the grocery store and me to the church library. He was doing the shopping for our Saturday company meal. Tomorrow is bread baking (rolls and perhaps a loaf or two of bread). I am making a new recipe for rolls as I needed to find a dairy free recipe and the whole wheat roll recipe that I usually make uses milk. So I am making Potato Rolls. The potatoes are ready for mashing when I finish blogging. I also plan to make the gelatin salad this evening. Then that is all the cooking for today. Woody let the grocery shopping be his walk for today. He said that he was pretty tired when he got home plus he still has a cough and it is pretty nippy out today. I ended up going to the grocery store after I got home from working in the church library as Woody wasn't able to find the right kind of canned cherries that I needed for my cherry pie so I decided to try the store nearest us and then when they didn't have them I ventured on to Walmart and found them there. Pie making day will be Friday, but I wanted to be sure that I could find what I needed for the cherry pie or if not then choose another kind of pie. But one cherry pie will now be forthcoming along with an apple and a banana cream pie (latter being Woody's request). I hope that will fill up 19 hungry people along with some ice cream to make those fruit pies a la mode if desired. Well, off to mash potatoes so I can use them for roll making tomorrow. We just got a call from Vanderbilt confirming Woody's appointment next week for a PET scan. We will be going to Vanderbilt three times this month...almost like days of old!

No comments:

Post a Comment