Monday, July 27, 2015

Going Great Guns...And Then...

Woody got up and walked four miles...beating out the hot temperatures of the day. I got up and continued cleaning in the sewing room. There are just so many nooks and crannies in there to gather dust and for spiders and their webs to hide. I spent most of the morning in there either vacuuming or dusting. I worked quite a bit on it yesterday, too. And, perhaps that is where I made my mistake...going at it too steadily...as...this afternoon I sat down and realized that my back didn't feel quite right and not long after I started having back spasms. So the recliner and heating pad (felt good even though we got into the 90's today) have been my friends since. It is better and I was able to come in here to blog and didn't scream out in surprise when a spasm "grabs" me...so that is good. I have donned Woody's wrap around back brace and that helps too. Woody went to The Life Care Center today and had Bible study with Jeff. This evening, he offered to cook supper...big help! He made Steak-Um sandwiches...cooked sliced onion and green pepper to put on our minute steak sandwiches. Very good. Hit the spot! Now we are both settled in for a quiet evening. I'm hoping that I will be able to continue on my sewing room as most that is left to do is dust. I think that crawling around on the floor and pulling things out so I can vacuum behind and under is over for this cleaning spree. I need to clean on top of my sewing cabinet but don't know if climbing up to do that is in my near future. That dust may just stay there...well settled! I'm hoping that I can dust the top of the bookcases...lots of picture frames on top of five bookcases that line one wall. I guess I won't attempt to dust books this go-round. I was aiming to get this room done so I could next attack the school room...just a few more weeks till my part of the neighbor grandchildren's school. They have started on several of their subjects this week, but my part is still a ways away...hopefully I'll be up to doing a thorough cleaning in the school room before then...guess time will tell. "This old gray mare just ain't what she used to be"...she says some what disgustedly! She still wants to go great guns...but parts of her say "neigh!" Before my back decided to act up, we had a Frostie drive-by...baby Frosties were dropped off for both Dorrell families...that's a lot of baby Frosties! Thanks, Doyle! A nice treat on a hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment