Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Oops...A "Late-to-Blog" Night

And, I hope that these vultures aren't giving me an evil eye for not posting their picture sooner! We came around a curve on the back road yesterday to see many, many of these Black Vultures enjoying their venison breakfast and many, many more in the sky waiting their turn. I didn't come even close to getting them all into the picture...for one reason I didn't want to include too much of their breakfast in the photo! I included a close-up of their "lovely" faces so you could see their specialized beaks...all the better to eat their meals with! I took these pictures out Woody's driver's side window. Woody walked ten miles early this morning. I awakened at 3am, but did go back to sleep and did something that I hadn't done in many, many months...perhaps in more than a year...after I woke up at 3am, I decided that I would try sleeping on the bed rather than in "my" recliner. I did manage to get back to sleep and slept for several more hours. But it is still hard to find a comfortable position to lie in that doesn't hurt...and...when I get up my back really hurts for a while...which it did this morning after only a few hours of lying down. I just know that I can't "stand" to sleep in a bed for very many hours...but at least I did manage a short snooze there this morning. I fell asleep with my glasses still on and the light still on last night...reason that I woke up so early...also I went to sleep a lot earlier last night as I was tired after our day at Vanderbilt...and very rarely do I sleep more than five or six hours at a time. But a light in my eyes didn't help last nights recliner slumbers. Part of Woody's walk this morning included the Wednesday Farmer's Market. But he has learned that he can't buy very much there and then carry it home if he is walking...he about wore himself out last week when he bought 13 ears of corn and a large zucchini. So this week he stopped back by the farmer's market and bought what he wanted when he was going to do his weekly Krogering. He also went to our local fruit and veggie market...yummy peaches from there. He asked questions of several of the farmers at the farmer's market...about growing garlic and about bee pollen. One of the men has many hives and he sells bee pollen. Woody bought some as he found a recipe that includes bee pollen. I know that some say that eating local bee pollen helps allergies...but...I'm a bit leary...I would hate to have an allergic reaction to it...that would be my luck with my allergies. We will have to research it more. This is local wild flower bee pollen. Interesting!?! After lunch I went to the library as usual on a Wednesday afternoon. I got caught in a downpour on the way there...so I sat in the car in front of the church for part of the time that I should have been working waiting for the rain to let up a bit. The three of us still got quite a bit done...more books ready to check out. I came home and didn't stop to rest as I usually do. Instead I got busy making our supper. By the time that I had finished cooking and eating supper, I was ready to head to my recliner...and the reason that I am late blogging...well, my rest turned into a snooze...hmmmmm...now the question is will I be able to sleep tonight! While I snoozed, Woody baked a couple of loaves of Blueberry Zucchini bread...one of his specialities. I'm hoping that he has sliced into one of the loaves...I'm ready for a little snack after my evening snooze!

No comments:

Post a Comment