Monday, July 13, 2015

Off to Kids' Church Camp!

Woody got up early and walked six miles. He needed to get his walk in early today as one of the rules for his CT scan is no exercise 24 hours prior to the scan...so he got his walk in just under the wire. I also woke up early. I decided to read as the library e-book that I was reading was going to expire today. Well, I decided that I would check to see if our public library had a copy...they did...so I decided that I wouldn't "kill" myself trying to get it finished. I decided that I would go see the girls off as they headed off to camp. So did that and snapped a few pictures. Their camp is in Kentucky. They arrived safely. And, have had a rather exciting day so far...a tornado warning that 300-400 kids had to pack into the food serving area to wait until the all-clear! They got ice cream cups as a treat to keep them calm! The last I heard the all-clear had sounded so they were able to go about their camp fun. The following pictures are of the stencil that Nathan designed for their girls' t-shirts:
Right side up it says "heart (love) camp" and upside down it says "heart (love) Jesus." He did them for them yesterday. Pretty amazing how he can make a four letter word turn into a five letter word! After the campers took off, I headed off to the public library and got the book that I was wanting to finish. I will take it with me tomorrow so I will have something to read in the wait time while Woody has a CT scan and then later an MRI of the brain. We will have to leave very early as his apppointment is at 7:45 at Vanderbilt and they asked him today to be there by 7:15...guess we will be up with the birds in the morning. His MRI is scheduled for four hours later and it is at a different location...away from Vanderbilt...just down the street...we think! Hope that we can find it! There is a shuttle that will take us there, but it is on our way home so we figure that it will be best to head that way so we will already be on the way home when we get there! I will end tonight's blog with panaramic pictures of two of the gardens that Woody has mulched...the two largest. I couldn't get all of either of them in the picture...perhaps with more practice with the panaramic feature on my camera? The one of the garden in front of our house is quite distorted as the walkway is straight and not curved...but I think that you can get the idea that he has done a lot of work and this isn't all of the mulching that he has done. The garden that goes beside out driveway goes all the way to the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment