Friday, July 10, 2015

Hanging On By a Thread

Last night after I blogged I sewed for a little while on Abigail's shorts and then went next door to help with getting little ones ready for bed. I got Abigail to help Isaac get into his jammies and in the meantime several decided to play puppy dog with Joseph and me. Joy and Esther would bring a ball to us and then we would give it a little toss and they would pretend they were dogs and go after it and fetch the ball back to us. Joseph likes this game quite a lot. Well, we was giving Esther (one of the puppies) the ball and he pushed it into her mouth. Well, Esther's two front teeth are both loose and one has been just hanging there for several weeks. But the push was enough to make it just hang by a "thread." (Esther will tell you that it isn't a thread that "it is tissue.") Anyway that started her tooth to bleeding...but she handled the blood quite well. We got ice water and had her rinse and it wasn't long before it had stopped bleeding. Then came the challenge to get it out before her mommy and daddy got home. Well, that didn't happen and it took a while after they got home till it finally fell out. The one next to the one that came out is very loose...I wonder how long till it comes out!?! She also showed me one on the bottom that is pretty loose. I'm going to call her "The Toothless Wonder!" By the way the only child who was in bed when the parents got home was Isaac and he was asleep...guess one is better than none! Too much tooth excitement to get the others in bed...each tried to help in their own way to get Esther to make that last tug...she even attempted to cut it out...in the end she got upset and started crying and the next thing she was telling her daddy that it was out. Finally! Woody walked four miles early this morning. Later he weeded and mulched. I walked outside a few minutes ago with him and he showed me what he has left to do on that garden. Not a lot considering the size of the garden...he did admit that he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I did manage to get Abigail's shorts finished last night after I got back from their house. Abigail came over to try them on this morning and she thanked me and said that they were even more comfortable than the ones that we copied. So she is a happy camper...or at least she will be a happy camper when they head off to camp this coming week. The three girls are quite excited about going to camp. The boys are excited that it will only be boys at their house for five days...that is except for their mom! I made Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta for supper tonight...a new recipe for us...quite good! Woody headed out to Life Care to get the TV tuned in to the Yankee game for Jeff, the man that he does Bible study with on Mondays. Jeff is a quadrapalegic and can only communicate with his eyes. Woody has discovered that he is a Yankee fan so Woody tries to get Jeff's TV tuned into the games when the Yankees play and are broadcast. I got the dishwasher loaded after we ate supper and I've been reading in "my" chair till it was time to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment