Friday, July 24, 2015

Just Walked in the Door!

I just got home from running errands. When I saw the time, I decided that I would blog before I go get something to eat. I checked and Woody had already done some scrounging for his supper and I will do the same after blogging. Woody got up and headed off for an eight-mile walk. I spent time earlier today doing some deeper cleaning than I usually do. Woody was a help with that task as he helped to move some things and hold some things out of the way (like the printer) while I vacuumed under in the space where the printer table is, etc. I'm working most in the sewing room...going to go through some things and get rid of some items...at least the paper trail that I seem to accumulate even though I try not to print a lot of things these days. Some papers that I am going to go through have been around for a long time and I don't see a reason to keep them...so going through notebooks and recycling the pages that I no longer need. After I vacuumed the center of the sewing room, I did what I did yesterday...vacuumed everywhere the cord would let me...so I vacuumed a good part of our bedroom and the school room and the upstairs hallway. After I had done that I wasn't sure that I had enough energy to run errands. But before I left my sister called me so I sat down and talked for a while and that rested me enough to head off after we finished talking. I made stops at the public library, Radio Shack (a camera contraption needed a battery), Joann's, and Walmart. The thing that took the longest was reading shampoo labels trying to find some that didn't have several ingredients that Melany has found out she is highly allergic to. I decided that I would try to do away with those items in things that I use also and see if that would help me. I figure that there is a good chance that I am allergic to some of the same things that she is and I have a lot of trouble with shampoos. I finally found one brand that didn't have the ingredients that she is allergic to in them...so time will tell if it helps me to switch to this brand. I also tried to get the washing detergent that is okay for her to use...but I was unsuccessful in finding that at our Walmart. I guess I will have to look further. This morning I got in the mood to start making some Christmas items so I found what I want to make for Christmas ornament gifts for this year. At Joann's I found the thread that was called for and also got the base fabrics that are called for. I hope to get those started stitching. They can stitch while I continue to clean the sewing room...look, ma, no hands! Shhhhhh! I hate to be the one to say this, but Christmas is five months from tomorrow. As I said last night the days seem to be flying by...also the months! And, with that said, I am off to rustle up some supper. Not sure that I have much energy left for this day to do much more...this has been a busier day than usual for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment