Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday Doings

I, again, woke up all too early (4am). I read for a while and when I heard Woody go out for his walk (5am), I got up and decided that I would get to work on Esther's dress. Woody walked six miles and I got well underway on Esther's dress. Later in the morning Woody did his usual Saturday errands: Library, Walmart, and Fruit/Veggie Market. Our printer was acting like it was out of black ink so Woody bought some while on his errands. I am the official ink cartridge changer so that was one of my jobs today. But when I got ready to change it, I realized that the one in the printer was still pretty full of ink. So in the end I put the cleaner through a printhead (or whatever) process and that seems to have fixed it. At least it let Woody print his crossword puzzles so he was happy. Isaac spent part of the morning with me while his family ran some errands and did some yard saling. One of the neat things that they found was a school desk that has the name of Nathan's fifth grade math teacher on the bottom of it (written on the bottom of the desk so it would get back in the correct room). Nathan remembers having that type of desk in her room. It was in very good condition. This gives them a desk of this type (in various sizes) for each of their scholars for their school room. I have Esther's dress completed except fot two buttonholes and sewing on two buttons. Woody got a cookbook at the public library that got him interested in making ghee (clarified butter). So he has made his first attempt at making ghee this evening...the verdict is still out, till it cools, as to whether he was successful. He cooks his veggie burgers in olive oil and has problems with it getting too hot and smoking. The ghee is supposed to be able to withstand higher temperatures...again...time will tell! Such a hot day today...in the 90's and pretty high humidity...sort of took my breath away when I walked Isaac back home just before lunch...after that brief time out I pretty much chose to stay inside the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment