Wednesday, July 1, 2015

New Month, New Clarity

Woody got up and walked four miles. He worked in the garden and made some headway on his weeding and mulching. This last garden that he is doing has lots of growth in the way...like prickly ground cover that still has leaves in it as leaves really can't be raked or blown out of the ground cover. So he is lifting and trimming and weeding and pulling leaves out around and amongst it...a tedious job. This is the garden that runs from the road up a good part of the length of our driveway over to our to our property line...so not a small garden...if I were the gardener I'm afraid that my patience would run out with it and there would be parts that would never get done! But he is persistant and patient. When we got home yesterday from Vanderbilt, I had a message that my glasses were ready to pick up. So that was my accomplishment of the morning...picking them up. I was amazed how much better I could see immediately upon putting them on. They are trifocals and all three "levels" seem to be working for me great. I still haven't done any sewing...except to try to thread a needle. I still think that I can see better to thread a needle without my glasses on...before this pair I was always taking my glasses off when I was doing something up close that had to do with sewing. My eye doctor said that is a phenomina that happens over time to near sighted people...that at a point the shape of the eye gets such that you can see up close without glasses...like for reading and close sewing. I hope to sew some tomorrow to test out how I like them for that task. The middle part of the lens that I use for computer viewing seems to be great. I can lean back in my office chair and see the screen really well. So at this point I am liking them and can see much clearer than I saw with my old glasses...new clarity! So I am happy with them. This afternoon Woody went to do our weekly Krogering and I went to the church library to work. Donna and I, once again, got more books "check-out" ready. We have several periods of heavy rain today. Woody said that when he was ready to come out of the store that it was raining like a hurricane--sideways. He said that he waited for it to subside, but probably didn't wait long enough as he got rather wet going to the car. I think that we are going to be in a rain pattern for the next few days...wonder if it will be a rainy Fourth. Can you believe that the year is half over? Welcome, July!

No comments:

Post a Comment