Monday, July 6, 2015

July Monday

Woody got up early this morning and walked eight miles. I didn't hear him go so I guess that his latest fix worked for the the squeaky hinges on the front door. He also weeded and mulched some more...he is at the point of being a very slow-go. I think that he is beginning to think that he won't ever get finished with this garden. His weeding was probably helped a bit by all the rain that we got over the weekend. I headed off to the eyeglasses place mid morning to get the nose pads changed on my new glasses...I knew that I should have had them change them at the start...these are smaller and softer than the ones that came on the glasses. When I got back it was time for Woody to go do Bible study with one of the residents at Life Care Center. He also visited another friend at Life Care. After lunch he went back to visit with her and take her one of his books. He took Joy and Esther along for that visit. About an hour or so ago I sewed the last button on my blouse so that sewing job is finished. I always dread when it gets to the point of sewing the buttonholes. My machine does a fantastic job making buttonholes...but the dread comes from problems with buttonholes in years past...it is always my fear that I will ruin my project at the very end with the buttonholes...but very successful at getting them exactly where I wanted them this time...so no reason to dread! Tonight's photo shows that Isaac's cucumbers are growing. He picked some today and brought us two. I guess it is time to make our cucumber jello salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment