Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturated Saturday

Today has been a tech saturated day for me. I came in to do something on the laptop and there was a suggested clean-up so I decided that I would do it while the screen was there. It has taken a good part of the day. One of the "bad" things that I did was get rid or our email program...so the last several hours have been devoted to getting it back...of course all email addresses were lost too...unless the backup that I have will let me copy them back in...I will look into that in a little while...maybe...pretty sick of the computer at this point. Nathan has been helping me get back into our email server...what a mess. I guess I should have left well enough along! Woody walked six miles early this morning. And...drum roll...hands clapping...he finished his mulching this morning!!!!! He also went to the library and went to WalMart and Kroger. I did make a potato casserole that took a while longer than it might have, as the recipe called for cream of chicken soup and I made it from scratch...so added a step to the recipe and more mess to the kitchen. The casserole turned out great...this was the first time that I had made it with homemade cream of chicken soup. Joseph took his afternoon nap over here as the rest of the family headed off to friends. They are learning the ins and outs of canning...today jelly/jam and yesterday green beans/pressure canning. We even got a jar of cherry preserves out of the deal! I guess I will go back to seeing if I have the email set up correctly and then attempt to add the addresses back in. I tried to be so careful when I was letting the program delete items...there was a long list and I read down through it and kept those (like the blog address and a couple of others that I didn't want to figure out how to get back into), but I overlooked the email program...guess it is live and learn! It meant "no sewing" today! I spent a good part of the day in the sewing room, but at the laptop and not the sewing machine. Oh, and, Esther came in this morning with another hole in her mouth where a tooth should be. She lost the one on the bottom...I asked her if she pulled it out herself and she told me "no, it fell out by itself!" She becomes more and more The Toothless Wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment