Wednesday, September 2, 2015

And, They're Off on Their Next Great Adventure!

Do you think that they have enough luggage? And, what is inside those bags is even more amazing...I often wonder what the inspectors think when they open up this Dorrell family's luggage...they will find all sorts of juggling equipment packed in amidst clothing items...even parts of unicycles that will be put back together when their final destination is reached. As I type this they are over the Atlantic Ocean and still have lots of hours of flying left. Their final destination is Poland. Yesterday I had Isaac (3) look at a world map with me. I showed him where we live and then showed him the ocean that he would be flying over and then showed him Germany where they will land. Then we talked about the fact that the pastor from the Polish church would pick them up in Germany and drive them to Poland. Well, today when they were landing in New Jersey, Isaac told them that he could see "New Germany." Well, at least he got part of the geography lesson that Grammy gave him! Woody got up early and walked four miles and was home before our world travelers left. I got up fairly early so I could snap the above picture before they headed off to the Nashville airport. Then not long after they left, I headed off with a friend to do a little shopping and then we stopped at a local tea room and had tea or coffee and a scone. Woody did our weekly Krogering while I was gone. When he got back from the store, I put the groceries away. After lunch, I headed off to get my hair cut and then went to the church library to work for a while. This morning I also made another book order for the church library and ordered the library a rolling stool. Woody worked some more on the front porch while I was gone...took off all the furniture and then sprayed the porch off with a special cleaner. I sat for a while after getting home from church and called my sister...plans are underway for her upcoming visit. Woody broiled us hamburgers for supper. And, by the time I finally sat down in my recliner after supper, I had trouble keeping my eyes open. Okay...one last Isaac story. On Monday, when Isaac was over here, Goosey (Woody) told him that when he got home from Poland, that he'd probably be speaking Polish and not English any more. Isaac's reply:"Yah."

No comments:

Post a Comment