Thursday, September 3, 2015

Honk! Honk!

Geese have made their way into my pictures two different times in two days. Yesterday I snapped the flying geese at Lake Tullahoma. As I came out from getting my hair cut, I heard them honking so knew that they were coming. I had trouble getting my camera to focus around the trees that were close to me. This evening Woody and I were coming back from visiting one of his Sunday School boys and we came upon this gaggle in the front yard of a house along the road...there were lots of them. Tonight my camera didn't do the best job focusing because of the camera that I had with me and also because it was dusk. But I think that you can get an idea as to how many of them there were...not exactly the yard ornaments that I would choose!
We have had a busy day. Woody got up and walked 12 miles. I got up and got the kitchen ready to begin some cooking tasks. A friend and I took supper to friends this evening. So it was a baking kind of day...both bread and a dessert and I made a new spinach salad and sesame/poppy seed dressing. Woody alternated cleaning outside and helping me by keeping on top of the dishes that I dirtied while cooking. The porch looks so good...now if it would only stay this clean till Cheryl gets here. She likes to sit outside so I am hoping that our weather and mosquitoes cooperate. She wants to walk in the neighborhoods around here too...hope that it is cool enough...well, it may be cooler than AZ...but the humidity may discourage her in some activities around here. I'm hoping that this heat and humidity will be ready to take a break in a week and a half! After Woody and I delivered the food to our friends, we headed to Lowes to buy another house cleaner spray bottle...you attach it to your own hose and then spray the house down and it gets rid of mold and mildew. Our new siding seems to be prone to midew and mold...but this stuff really does seem to cut through it. Woody is liking doing it with the spray vs. washing it down by hand! We bought that and checked about some sort of mosquito repellant that we could use on the front porch to keep them away. Then we headed on down the road and found the home of one of Woody's Sunday School boys. He touched base with the boy and also met his father. Then we drove home through the backroad and came upon the geese. We are home now and settled in for the evening. Our neighbor world travelers are safely in Poland. Nathan called us this morning after they arrived safely at their final destination. They got there about exactly 24 hours after they left here...long time of travel with all those kids! They landed in Berlin, Germany and were met and driven to their destination in Poland. I asked how Isaac liked the trip. He told his daddy that he liked it since they didn't land on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment