Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Wet Tuesday

Woody got up and walked six miles. I got up and got things ready for the school morning. Joseph came over...though he isn't too sure about school since we have had such a break from his first week. He is fine once his mommy plops him in his seat at the table. He likes looking at pictures in the book. He is starting to say more things now so we are naming animals and sounds in an animal book. He loves looking at the three animals in the basket...very intrugued with the animals tails and he can tell me that he doesn't have a tail! Isaac has a longer time of school with me this year. We are working on the sounds that the letters make and also working on numbers and counting and lots of other things. Elijah, Esther, and Abigail came over to read to me. Then Joy had her time of sewing. We got her notebook caught up to date and then she did some stitching on the sewing machine. She found out how to manipulate a zigzag stitch so it is shorter, wider, and then make it into a satin stitch. She had fun and added another page to her sewing notebook. After lunch I sat down to wait and see if Graham was going to come over to read, and I ended up taking a bit of a nap. When I woke up I decided that he probably wasn't coming over! I woke up to a loud thunder clap. It rained off and on during the m0rning and afternoon. We had a couple thunderstorms pass through this afternoon. I did a little reading...am enjoying two of the books that I checked out yesterday. At a point I went down to make supper. I decided to make a pasta sauce...made one up using items in the fridge and freezer and a several cans of tomatoes. It ended up tasting pretty yummy...of course it's one of those recipes that can't be replicated since I didn't follow a recipe...just threw a little of this and a little of that into the pot. Woody continues to enjoy challenging the computer to games of Scrabble. And, of course, he did his daily set of crossword puzzles. A while after supper, he walked to the prayer room at church and hasn't returned yet. I'm ready to settle in for a quiet evening of watching a show or two on my iPad and/or reading on my books after I go downstairs and start the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment