Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11/01

Tonight's photo was taken of the flags around our church the week after 9/11/01. Many times today I have thought about where I was on this day fourteen years ago...how about you? Woody got up and walked six miles. Later in the day he walked to the library and to our pharmacy to pick up one of his prescriptions. I got up and continued to cross things off my "to-do" list. I did frame the needlework picture as it was on a surface that I had designated to clear off...so framing the picture got it "put away!" Cheryl now has space in the guest room closet to hang clothes. This is the closet where I store my sewing yardage...so some of that got put elsewhere for the time being. All the mirrors in the house have been cleaned (I had on my list to do them all when I was ready to clean one...easier that way...so just moved through the house from guest room to the downstairs bathroom). After that I put away the window cleaning items as I have decided that the rest of the windows will be done "after company." The last few days of rain sort of stopped me from doing them. They will be there after Cheryl goes back to AZ! So it has been little things like that that I have done today. And, doing those little things just keeps getting me closer to being ready. After I blog I am going to put away some books that need to be shelved in the sewing room...another little thing that just "needs" to be done...company coming or not...it's just that having company coming "lights the fire under me" to get them done! We have had a couple of storms blow up this afternoon while a cold front was passing through. The temperatures dropped from the 80's down to the 60's pretty quickly. It may only get to 70 here tomorrow. It seems that "Fall is in the air"...or at least the beginnings of Fall...when the temperatures go back and forth for a while. I'm looking forward to the cooler temperatures...especially the lower humidity. Looking like good possibilities for us to enjoy the front porch while Cheryl is here...I was hoping for cooler temperatures and lower humidity so sitting outside could be more enjoyable! Now to get that mosquito trap made...maybe tomorrow...it is on the "to-do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment