Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Been Sittin'

Been sittin', as in...child sitting. Joseph is feeling a little under the weather so I stayed at their house while they did Wednesday evening church activities. He has been running a little fever...could be teething or...? We just want him to get back to feeling great quickly. We played for quite a while and then I sat down in one of their recliners and he wanted me to get up and I didn't get up quickly enough and he burst into tears. I scooped him up and he almost immediately went to sleep and slept till his family got home. While he slept I watched the Caerdinal baseball game. I came home with promising news...when I left it was 6 to nothing and a few minutes ago it was 7 to nothing and it was in the 8th...perhaps they will pull this win off and if they do, they will clinch the title of Central Division Winners of the National League. A win would make Woody very happy! He couldn't join me in watching as he says that he will either jinx the win and/or raise his blood pressure! So I just came home with the good news of the moment. Now we will wait and see what the outcome is...if they win Woody will happily read all about the game on the Internet. Woody walked six miles this morning. After Isaac finished with school with me, Goosey (Woody) and Isaac went to Kroger to do our weekly shopping there on Senior Adult day. Senior adult discounts "sometimes" make growing older "almost" worth it! I had school till noon, then I grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed off to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours. I came home and put my feet up for a little while and then headed next door to play with and rock Joseph. I'm not posting a picture tonight as I am posting from my iPad so the laptop will be free for Woody to check on the progress of the game. I think that I might be able to hear when the game ends if the Cardinals win...as Nathan and Kathy and family will probably give a resounding shout of joy! Woody just reluctantly checked and it is now 9 to nothing 8th inning. His comment: "Oh, my!"

No comments:

Post a Comment