Thursday, September 10, 2015

Wednesday & Thursday Combined

This is the photo that I chose to post last night due to the rain/storms that were passing through. But when I went to blog...no internet and we didn't have any internet till well on into the early hours of the morning. Yesterday Woody walked twelve miles and today he walked four miles...it was doing a bit of drizzling still when he walked this morning. Update on my cleaning...well, I have slowed down a bit...Cheryl will come whether the house is clean or not! Yesterday I decided to clean out the refrigerator while Woody was doing our weekly Krogering. I also pulled a bunch of cans out of the section of our cabinets that we use as a pantry and decided that I would go through and organize what was down there just so I would know what was there. I didn't get that finished before I headed to the church library so ended up finishing that job this morning as I was too tired after I got back yesterday. Before going to the church library I worked on a book order that had arrived and assigned books as memorials...next I need to get notes ready to send to donors and honorees...hope to get those written before Cheryl arrives...something else to add to the "to-do" list! Woody mowed while I was at the library yesterday...probably a good thing as I'm pretty sure that the grass would have been too wet today to mow. Today I have continued to put sewing things away as I cleared off my cutting table that had been set up in our bedroom and stowed it away till after company. While I was putting things away in the sewing room, I put the sewing machine to work and made four more Christmas ornaments. Later this afternoon I started working on framing a cross stitch picture that had been awaiting a frame for quite some time. It may or may not be framed and hung before Cheryl gets here...but at least the process is underway. I am waiting for the cross stitch piece to completely dry before I continue on. Woody made a new soup recipe late this afternoon...it was a bit too spicy for me and I like spicy! Besides being quite spicy, it also has lentils in it...another strike against it for me as I just don't like the grainy texture of lentils. On a positive note...it surely did/does smell good! Woody liked it and ate it without any complaints! I guess that sort of sums up our last two days of activities...we have kept busy one way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment