Thursday, January 7, 2016

7 Years = 2,421 Posts = 70,115 Page Views

And, tonight I begin my 8th year writing our Dorrell Delineations blog. Wow...time flies when we're having fun...and even when we're not! I have shared a lot of "times" with you, our blog readers...and some of those times were fun and some were not! I am very happy to be at this end of the time frame...seeing the results of all that Woody has gone through during those seven years. And, to tell the truth...seven years ago I never dreamed that I would still be blogging about Woody's progress with his melanoma treatments...after all, it was indicated all those years back that he had less than a year to live. But, by the grace of God I am still giving updates about Woody! Seven years ago, the treatments that he has recently had weren't even in existence to offer to patients. What great strides have been taken in finding a cure for melanoma and other cancers. Praise God! Here is my attempt to add in a link to my very first blog: http://wdorrell.blogspot.com/2009/01/fork-in-road-which-way-should-we-turn.html At the beginning the blog was pretty much background and updates as to how Woody was doing and what surgery/treatment, etc. that he was going through at the time. It was my way to get fairly detailed information to family and friends without having to make a ton of phone calls, emails, etc. and repeat myself over and over again. At first I didn't post every night. But at Woody's suggestion I began doing daily postings even if there wasn't something earth shaking to report. That way, you, my blog readers, didn't have to keep checking in to see if I posted...you all knew that there would be a post no matter what. Then a couple of years ago, Woody suggested that I take a "day of rest" on Sunday and only blog six days a week...and, it is good to have that day of rest! I didn't post pictures for the first several months, except when it had something to do with Woody...an x-ray, a scar, etc. Then I got my first interchangeable lens camera and started posting pictures that I was taking with it. You, my blog readers, were guinea pigs for a lot of my trial photos...just like Woody was a guinea for drugs/immunotherapy, etc. trials! So now it is usually a photo, drivel about our doings, and updates on what is happening to Woody in his latest and greatest treatment (Keytruda as I type this)! Today has been a typical Thursday...school for me...Woody walked and on his walk stopped and visited with a couple in our church, he and Elijah took cans to the "can man." Woody is now next door taking care of the neighbor grandchildren while their parents go out on their Thursday night date. So that sums up my 2,422 post. Several of you have stuck with me throughout these seven years and have read every single post...oh, my...a lot of words! Thanks for sticking with us...and, most of all thanks for all the prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed sharing in your life. So glad Woody continues to thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't missed one! I have read about a miracle in the making!

    ReplyDelete