Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Day on the Go

Here's Elijah (6) sporting his new (as in first) reading glasses. He only needs to use them when he is reading and doing other close-up work. He says that they do help him see...a good sign that he will use them when he realizes how much help they are. Today has seemed to be a whirl wind day of activity. It started out with my school time with the children. Then I had a quick bite of lunch and Joy came back over and we went to the local quilt store on a shopping "spree." She is going to make a cover for her new tablet that she got for Christmas. She needed to coordinating fat quarters and I decided instead of pawing through fabric scraps here that I would give her the treat of experiencing the quilt store. She enjoyed getting to choose her own fabrics and also looking at all the pretty quilted items hanging around in the store. She chose very quickly. We also got some other items that she is going to need to make the cover. They didn't have one of the kinds of interfacing that we needed so we headed on over to my sewing machine dealer and found the rest of what we needed. I also picked up a couple of things that Abigail needs for her next project. Then I dropped Joy off at the church as her family was there for their juggling practice time. On my way home I made a slight detour and went to the public library to pick up a book that is next in a series that I am reading. When I went to check the book out, the librarian said that she had called that morning and that they had another book that I had requested. I hadn't listened to my phone messages so didn't realize that I would be picking up two books...the next two in that series. I put in the request as it had to come from the Manchester library and I figured that it would take a little while to get over to ours...but it didn't take long at all. A while after I got home, Graham came over for his reading time. We are reading The Hobbit...not exactly my favorite kind of reading...but Graham seems to know what is going on and is enjoying it. Woody cut up a pumpkin today and got it to simmering before he headed off walking to the church prayer room and left me in charge of keeping an eye on the pot. I got it drained and had started pureeing it by the time that he got back home. I am using my fairly new hand "blender" to puree the pumpkin. It works great. Now I am waiting on a load of wash to finish so I can get it into the dryer. I need to get them dried as I need a piece of that new fabric tomorrow when Abigail has her "long Grammy time." She is going to learn how to make a zippered pouch/bag...I will learn right along with her! Woody is watching TV, reading and working puzzles. Yesterday he finished a book of crossword puzzles that he got for Christmas. I am still working on the book of sudoko puzzles. Well, time to go put the clothes in the dryer so Abigail will have the piece of fabric that I am surprising her with...her project calls for scraps, but I felt that she needed one more coordinating color of which I didn't have the perfect one in my stash to go with the other two she found. The quilt store owner, Joy, and I picked out a really pretty one for her...we think that she will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment