Saturday, January 23, 2016

"Snowed In"

Being "snowed in" here in TN would probably be laughable for those who live in much colder climes. But for us in southern middle TN...several inches along with some ice means "snowed in!" I like the feeling. I know that it drives some up the wall to not be able to get out...but I am very happy to sit all safe and secure in my own house and not go any where. So today I decided was a good day to get going a bit more seriously on the undecorating. As you can see by tonight's photo, the carolers have gathered once more for their annual sing in front of the Christmas tree before they go into hibernation till next Christmas. Table tops, etc. are starting to get emptied so when I find decorative items that go there during the non-Christmas part of the year I can put them back. I have been packing things up in boxes...the children's Fisher Price Nativity is back in boxes (except for one piece that is still being elusive...hopefully before the Christmas closet is repacked it will be found. Just moments before I came upstairs I got all our Precious Moments nativity packed and ready to be put away. So slowly but surely Christmas is getting put away. No walk for Woody today...see...truly snowed in! He did move a little snow around and sprinkled salt on our steps...that was about it for him for outside activity today. He has read, watched TV, worked puzzles, and attempted to stay warm. We have received word that there are no church services tomorrow...so we will stay snowed in for at least another day. Tomorrow the temps are supposed to rise into the 40's so that "snowed in" feeling will soon be gone...a good thing about snow in the South...it doesn't stay around long!

No comments:

Post a Comment