Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Typical Winter Wednesday

Joseph had his preschool(very short) time first. Then Isaac had his preschool time. Woody left sometime during Isaac's school time to go do his Wednesday Krogering. After Isaac had his time, Elijah, Esther and Joy each came over for their individual reading time. All the readers continue to aim for a goal of reading outloud for at least 15 minutes a day for 25 days in January. They are all doing a great job with their reading. Today was Abigail's long time. She is learning how to put a zipper in a pouch/bag. She got well underway today. I grabbed a quick bite to eat for lunch and then headed out the door to go work in the church library. I will have to tell you an "Isaacism." He and his family were all down at the church practicing their juggling while I was working in the library. Several came up to say "hi" to me while walking on stilts. Isaac wanted to stay and help me. I told him that he could until my library workers got there and then I would need to work with them. He rather reluctantly went back to the fellowship hall to be with his family when Donna and Fran got to the library. In a few minutes I heard the door in the hallway open and I figured that Isaac was coming back. The next thing I knew I saw him peeping in the library window. Then he came and stood in the library door...didn't come in...and very seriously said: "You know that it is way more funner when a lot of people work together!" Ummmmmm and what do you say to that logic!?! He did come in for a little while longer...I gave him a couple of jobs to help me...until he took a big tumble on his stilts and I accompanied him back to his family...after all it is "more funner" to work with a lot of people...and his family outnumbered the three of us in the library (I didn't go into that logic with him)! While I was working in the church library, Woody went on a four-mile walk which included a stop at our pharmacy to pick up one of his prescriptions. By the time I got home from the library I was about beat...but our supper needed my attention! I had told Woody before I left that I would put together one of our favorite soups when I got home.He had made a start on preparing the veggies and he opened all the cans for me and measured the broth and water and poured into the soup pot. I just about made it through getting it made...but left the last couple of steps to Woody as my back was telling me that I really needed to head to my recliner and the heating pad. My back is slightly rested and I have gotten up to blog and to get a load of wash out of the dryer. I need the fabric that is in with the clothes in the dryer for Joy's sewing lesson tomorrow. Now if I can just wrap my mind around Joy's project and not get it confused with Abigail's project! Well, Woody is watching a library DVD and I am going to go put away the rest of the clothes and then get back to reading and resting my back. I'm doing great on my goal of reading a book a week during 2016...already way ahead! Always good to get ahead for when I have dry/slow/non times of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment