Friday, January 1, 2016

The Sun Shone on the New Year!

The sun didn't shine long, but at least it did peep through for a few moments on this the first day of 2016. All of a sudden I realized that there were shadows coming in our bedroom windows so snapped a couple of pictures out the window to catch it before it disappeared. We have had a fairly quiet start to the new year. Woody has read, done crossword puzzles, watched some football on TV and walked four miles in the nippy weather. I have stayed inside and kept warm. I have read, done sudoku puzzles, worked on Sunday's Sunday School lesson, and worked on cleaning up some sewing clutter. I hadn't had much of a chance since finishing all the Christmas ornaments that I made for Christmas to put the threads away so spent some time doing that today. I have left one set of thread colors/type out as I still want to make us one of the ornaments like I made for gifts...maybe I will get my machine back to humming tomorrow. I have been working on clearing off my sewing cutting table as that became a catch-all for all sorts of things from wrapping to leftover bits and pieces of sewing projects to things that didn't have a place at the moment. I am starting to be able to see the top of the table once again...so am thinking about what sewing project I might start next. I did finish another book last night...so that puts me at 58 books read in 2015. My goal each year is to read at least 52 (to average out reading one book a week)so this year I went over by six books. Time to start a new page in my notebook of books read. I also need to add this year's books read to my list in this computer...maybe another job for tomorrow? Woody and I wish each of you a blessed 2016...praying that the Son will shine on each of you in His special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment